Saturday, December 21, 2013

Oy what a Day!

Elated.
Exhausted.
That sums up my day in two words.

I hit the office at 7am this morning.  In the days leading up to today, my consultants assured me they were ahead of the curve and would have their documents to me, no problem, for today's deadline.

I left the office at 9pm.
Thumbs up!
Good job you buncha highly educated morons!
 Learn to use a calendar. Look at it every day. Every day, so you don't wait until the last week before the deadline to try to design all the shit that makes a building work in 120 hours.

In the midst of this chaos, the man child called.  The last 8 or so calls have been because his POS jeep wouldn't start.  I saw his caller ID.  Brain said, "no, please tell me the replacement used previously owned "certified by Habib the dude who moonlights as a parking valet" car hasn't broken down".

Fortunately, my son is a compassionate soul.  Immediately he said, "I called to give you some good news!"
"I got a job offer"  (for quite a livable wage I might add)
He has one semester to go. Come May he will graduate with a ME degree.

Elated.
Houston, we have a successful launch.





1 comment:

  1. ugh, I charge extra when I hear I have to work with client with their own consultant... I call it the "aggravation" factor. I find that most get paid by the pound of paperwork they can generate, so they have zero incentive to actually complete a project.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.