Friday, August 22, 2014

Should I tell her?

Belle is away visiting friends.  I got home this evening and broke off my front door key in the lock.
SRSLY?
Insult to injury after two of the shittiest weeks I've had in quite some time.*
Fortunately, there was just enough of a nub of the broken key that I was able to pull on the door knob and turn the lock out.

The broken key in the lock was not wanting to come out, so I was thinking I might have to run to the hardware store and get a couple of replacement dead bolts for the front and back doors.

My lizard brain thought,"If I do, maybe I won't tell Belle and she'll get home and her key won't work and she'll totally freak  HA HA HA HA"

My monkey brain having a higher IQ by at least 10 points simply responded, "Not Funny Dumbass".

So, with  slumped shoulders of self inflicted shame, I went back and worked on the key a bit more, and of course now it came out of the lock.

Now, time to go spelunking in the junk drawer for spares.





*Why I have not posted in a while.














3 comments:

  1. Um... Maybe copies from different source?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize that if she reads this before she gets home, you'll get the "look" for at least a week, yes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The saying goes "today's been one helluva week" and can be extrapolated into as far out as the situation is warranted. "The past two weeks have been a bitch of a month" etc.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.