Thursday, March 28, 2013

Attaboy

Senator Ted Cruz emails to say,

DEFENDING THE SECOND AMENDMENT
Sens. Cruz, Mike Lee (R-UT), and Rand Paul (R-KY) sent a letter today to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) pledging to use any procedural means necessary to ensure Congress does not pass any legislation that would prohibit Americans’ Second Amendment rights. As the Senate prepares to consider guns legislation, Sen. Cruz is committed to ensuring that Americans' right to keep and bear arms is defended and upheld. Congress should not create new legislation restricting the rights of law-abiding Americans. The Democrats' proposed legislation would require universal background checks for private sales between law-abiding citizens, which according to DOJ would be effective only if accompanied by a national gun registry. This raises serious constitutional issues, and would divert resources from prosecuting felons and fugitives who try to illegally purchase guns.

I cannot tell you how glad I am that Ted Cruz beat David Dewhurst in the Texas race for the US Senate. If Dewhurst had won the race, you would already know why I dislike*  the the guy, bless his heart.
On a more local level:
  I also cannot express how dismayed I am that my state senator, Dan Patrick, endorsed David Dewhurst.  Dan Patrick owns an independent AM talk radio station down here and just excoriated Dewhurst over his self serving liberal politics before Patrick got into politics. Dan Patrick is a self described bible thumping conservative.  I cannot fathom why he turned like that and endorsed Dewhurst.  I have never seen power corrupt someone with such a long standing righteous public persona so fast.  I'd love to hear an explanation. None was ever given to my knowledge.



* I'm bein' haved . Dewhurst (R) is self serving political scum in my personal opinion.




1 comment:

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.