Sunday, March 27, 2011

Patrick F McManus

If you were born into a hunting or fishing family and you've not read Pat's books, you are missing some of the funniest stuff you will ever read. My mother's side of the family came for deep East Texas dirt farms. My Father's side came from house painters and carpenters. More on that later, but my family were avid hunters and fishers
The only thing better than reading Pat's books myself, is having the lovely Belle read them to me. She can tell a story quite well, as you may have noticed from her blog, When she gets to laughing about what she's reading, and then reads it back to me, it's even better than when I read it. Her laugh is most infectious.
I found Patrick McManus's books by chance years ago in a book store. I've purchased most of them. I don't know why I thought of this today, but I googled his name and found he has a website.
http://www.patrickfmcmanus.com/index.html

My recommendation would be to start with “ The Grasshopper Trap” and go from there.

1 comment:

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.