Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Karma

It's been a while since I've told a story here and considering the doom and gloom that is happening in the world today, I think that we could all use a little diversion.

I am a sucker for a lost or stray animal.  Every now and then, there will be a dog that has gotten out of his yard and I always feel compelled to get the dog to safety, bring it home, and then track down its owner.  Of course this is a very annoying trait of mine and my hubby will confirm that he gets annoyed when I do that.

One day, about 7 or 8 years ago, my neighbor's toy poodle, Turbo, got out of their yard and was just sitting on their front porch barking to get inside.  I went over to their house and knocked on the door, there was no answer so like a good neighbor, I brought Turbo home and waited for the neighbors to get home.

Turbo, for some reason fell in love with my youngest daughter, who was 8 or 9 at the time.  He followed her all around the house and every time she sat down, Turbo would start humping on her leg.  My youngest was getting fed up with it and I was busy trying to keep myself from laughing out loud.

Finally, enough was enough and my youngest yells at the top of her lungs, "MOM!  Can you PLEASE get this dog away from me!  He has fallen in love with my leg!"

My son, who at the time was 10 or 11, said to her, "Well Sis, that's Karma for you!"

Without missing a beat my daughter yells, "KARMA!!!  What do you mean KARMA?!  I've never humped anybody's leg!!!!"

Out of the mouth of babes.  I don't know what impressed me more, her quick wit (she takes after her mother, ha ha) or the fact that she actually knew the meaning of the word Karma.

Kids have a way of expressing themselves that can sometimes really make you either laugh or say, "huh?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.