Friday, December 21, 2012

Dangerous actions

Subtitle, "Love at first sight"

The Southern Belle and I met at work, had the unsanctioned elicit office romance and wound up married.  14 years now.

The two of us talk, now and then, about how we met and our whirlwind courtship.  9 Months.
We've talked about his many, many times over the years. Both divorced twice before, swore we'd never get married again.

We got to talking about this again for the eleventieth time tonight.

In the course of this repeated conversation, I drilled down to the moment that I fell.

I did something that could have brought a sexual harassment suit against my employer and gotten me fired in a heartbeat.

I've mentioned before that I am not a trained IT professional, but play one in real life.  I was at The Lovely Belle's desk helping her with a computer problem, side by side, nearly head to head.

I happened to glance to my right and saw three or four strands of long blonde hair hanging down as she was looking at the computer screen.

Somehow, the world stopped for me.  Why I felt bold enough to take my index finger and tuck those strands up and over her left ear, I cannot explain.

The rest is history. I was informed this evening that another employee witnessed this event, which I did not know.

Sometimes the risk is worth it.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is worth the risk :)

    Mrs. Paladin and I also met at work. A lumber yard where I came to work over the summer during my College Attempt 1.0. She hated me for the 1st month, we dated for the 2nd month, I left town to return to school during the 3rd month and we did the long-distance thing. 5 months later we were married.

    That will be 25 years ago on January 29th. Not necessarily recommending everyone do it this way but it sure worked out nicely for us :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.