Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm going to make someone's life miserable

Here I sit after 2 1/2 hours of commuting and 10 hours at the office, on my couch attempting to write a meeting report and an agenda for another meeting on Thursday, still attempting to work.
My office laptop gets loaned out from time to time.
If I find the emeffer that upgraded my Microsoft Word from '03 to '07 there is going to be hell to pay.

I can just see the development meeting for MS Word 2007.
"Well, we really can't think of any new content to add to the program, or any real improvements for that matter."
"Yeah, there's a few bug fixes we could do, but basically we got nothing."

"I know! Let's repackage the user interface with that new Ribbon thing that's going around!."
"We'll hide all the really important stuff that used to be so easy to find and sell it as an upgrade!"
"The users will think they have something new and shiny because they are having to learn a "new" program!"
[high fives all around]
[fade to black]

I may just have to type the sumbitch in notepad and take care of the formatting in word '03 on my wheezing old desktop* at the office.

I am not a happy camper.



* I am not a noob at this computer thing. I have three at my desk that I use every day. One for clerical, one for cad and email and one for 3D design. I run all three every day. I guess I've never mentioned my disability have I? I have four arms.



5 comments:

  1. Please don't mention windows 8... it sucks donkey dongs... to put it politely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Where the flippin' H is my start menu?!

      Delete
    2. believe it or not, there is an app for that.

      Delete
  2. Man, that was the best nickel I ever spent. I'm sure (Name Redacted) is chuckling right now (gender redacted) listens to you griping.

    He He.

    I think the M/S has focus groups in, listens to what they say they like about their products then works to remove those items from usefulness.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.