Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cities with the worst traffic

Srsly? Boston ranks tenth and Austin, TX ranks 4th for the worst traffic? A 25.8 minute average commute time?  This can't be right. This has to be a ranking based on who whines the most and loudest about traffic. 25.8 minutes.

Austin traffic is nothing, and I mean nothing compared to other cities I've driven. Fear not though, hippies. Austin is providing bike lanes all over the down town area as I type, and soon free green bicycles (they are actually painted green) will be available for your use in the down town area. Just grab the closest available government provided bike and ride to your next destination.  Grab another and ride to the next. Utopia!  I haven't seen the signage yet, but I'm sure your benevolent government has signs all over reminding  you to hydrate thoroughly during those 105 degree August days.

I wonder how long it will take for all the green bikes to be stolen and sold for scrap metal. Good thing they aren't made of copper.

Houston didn't even make the top 10 in the list.  I didn't look close enough to determine who did the study, but they were apparently totally baked when they did it.

.

1 comment:

  1. Tell me about it. BTW, they did the same thing with the free bikes about 10 years ago, except they were YELLOW that time. I believe they were all stolen within a few months.

    Bunch of idiotic freaking hippies and limo libs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.