Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11 - Thank you to our Veterans

Today is Veteran's day and while I have thanked our brave men and women for their service and sacrifices they've made to preserve our freedom and liberty numerous times; I really don't believe that there can be a such thing as 'too much thanks'.  So with that said, thank you, your service to our country means so much to not just me, but so many of us here at home.

Murphy's Law over at Lagniappe's Lair has a wonderful video posted that really touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes, go check it out if you haven't been to his blog yet today.

It's going to be a beautiful day today here in H-Town with lots of ceremonies and a parade this morning for our Veterans.  I'm stuck here at the office, but that's okay because I am happy to be gainfully employed and happy that I have the freedom to choose my profession, to speak freely, to worship (or not) in whatever manner (as long as I'm not harming others and that's harming not offending) I choose, and to take up arms and defend myself against tyranny (or goblins or zombies). 

While those rights are inalienable, those rights would not have been recognized and would be squashed, had so many not put their lives on the line, some being injured, some making an unexpected trip home in a casket.

Borepatch makes a point to thank the families of Veterans and I would like to take the opportunity to thank them as well.  The wives and children of someone who is deployed over seas make huge sacrifices as well.  I cannot imagine what it is like to have to say goodbye to a father, a mother or a spouse and wonder if they will make it back unscathed.  So to the families of our Veterans, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.