Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ghosts and Goblins a visiting......

Last night, we didn't get a whole lot of tricker treaters. In fact, compared to when we first moved in to this neighborhood 13 years ago, the little ghouls and goblins were few and far between. We have candy left over which is good... or bad, depending on how you look at it.

I did manage to offload a bunch of candy to two very special little goblins who stopped by to say hello.

This is Scooter, she's dressed up like a witch.  She informed her mom (also pictured) that she didn't want to be an UGLY witch but she wanted to be a pretty witch.  Little does she know that even with ugly witch makeup, Scooter is still cute as a button!


Then there's Squirt, or Alley depending on whether it's Nana or PawPaw talking to her.  I call her Squirt, Kx calls her Alley.  She's dressed up like a Dalamation puppy.  I dressed her big sister up in that costume when she was little, too.  Unfortunately, I didn't pull out my Cruella DeVil costume last night.  I'll have to try to remember to post that photo someday soon.




So the good news is that finally, Squirt is calling me Nana.  For the longest time, the little turkey wouldn't even acknowledge that I existed.  I would call her name and she would deliberately ignore me.  Or I would say, "Say Nana" only to get either silence or a "Where's PawPaw" in response.  About a month ago, she finally started calling me Grandma which is a start.  I'm too young to be called Grandma so I prefer Nana.  Last night, she finally called me Nana!  It was the most wonderful thing that I've heard in a long time.

It was a nice evening and I was really happy to see the girls.  They went trick or treating on my street and then came back to the house and stayed a few more minutes before heading home and to bed.  It was a good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.