Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fa La La La Freaking La

The Big Guy makes a post about getting overdosed on Christmas between the carols and the shopping and the decorations.

I have to say that I couldn't agree more.  As the years have past, I have grown to despise the season that's supposed to be full of joy.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and grandkids more than I can imagine, but the thought to having to go shopping for gifts just really turns my stomach.  Typically we shop online, but then comes the wrapping and the setting up the Christmas tree and all that jazz.

My general attitude toward The Season stems from all the years that I worked retail.  The holiday season was always the busiest time of year not to mention the most aggravating and the most dangerous.  Tempers seem to flair and while I used to enjoy working retail and I loved working in customer service, talking to people while I tended to their needs.  All of that said, the holidays seemed to bring out the worst in people.  Customers who were normally friendly and happy turned into whiny, grumpy assholes. 

I do enjoy being with family during the holidays, but I just get really toxed by the end of the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.