Thursday, May 31, 2012

Songs of My Youth... 6

Okay, so this is a song from my 20's....   late 20's....   but still!

Alanis Morisette....   what a voice but she's the type that either you love her or you hate her.

This song, "Uninvited" is one of the best muscially, vocally and lyrically arranged songs that I've really ever heard.  This is a live recording and she is just fabulous, so please...  enjoy!




Like anyone would be
I am flattered by your fascination with me
Like any hot blooded woman
I have simply wanted an object to crave
But you you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting
To watch the stoic squirm
Must be somewhat heartening
To watch shepherd meet shepherd
But you you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Like any uncharted territory
I must seem greatly intriguing
You speak of my love like
You have experienced love like mine before
But this is not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

I don't think you unworthy
I need a moment to deliberate.

1 comment:

  1. I always loved that song, my favorite of hers. Wasn't it a hidden track on her CD?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.