Thursday, May 17, 2012

To Senator Tom Coburn

I don't think that means what you think it means:


In an interview with Ezra Klein of the Washington Post, Senator Coburn states in reference to a conversation he had with Barack Obama:
"We’ve had conversations where he’s told me he’ll go much further than anyone believes he’ll go to solve the entitlement problem if he can get the compromise. And I believe him. I believe he would."
I have no doubt whatsoever that Barack was genuinely sincere, and therefore quite believable.  What Coburn failed to do was get a clear definition from Obama as to what the "problem" is: Too many entitlements?  Or, not enough?
Knowing a bit of Obama's past, I suspect the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.