Thursday, May 17, 2012

Idiot Prank Reminds Me of a Story

My other half posted up this morning about a prank that some kids pulled at a Subway restaurant.  Something very similar happened to me when I was a teenager.

When I was in high school, I worked at McDonald's.  I was working the drive through one night when a group of boys walked past the window and amongst the group, one of the guys pulls a gun out of his pocket, points it in my direction and says, "Bang".

I can remember the sick feeling that I had in my stomach and pale as a ghost, I turned to my manager and said, "Oh my god, he's got a gun."

The group of boys came inside the store and the kid with the gun immediately realized that we were all in a panic and they needed to get the fuck out of dodge.  They took off.

A little while later, the police pulled them over (we had gotten their plate number and gave it to the police) and the officer brought them by the restaurant, cuffed and asked me to identify who had the gun, which I did.

Turns out that the gun was a shiny silver plastic toy gun.  It was dark outside and so I didn't realize that it was fake.  The officer kept asking me if the guy had said anything to me like, "Stick'em up.. or give me all your money," which I answered with a no.

They guys got let go, (once their parents came to pick them up) but they never pulled that crap again.  Had any one of those fools said anything other than "bang", they would have been taken to jail for a very long time.   The kid with the toy gun apologized to me for months afterward (he still came to McDonald's) and even asked me for a date quite a few times.

I never did go out with him, I figured that anyone that stupid is just not someone that I would be interested in dating... ;)



1 comment:

  1. Had my own and posted about it...h/t you folks, of course!
    gfa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.