Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm ready now!!!

I'm ready for the Zombie Apocolypse after last night's IDPA match.

My goodness what fun I had.  I swear I have a case of permagrin because I simply cannot stop smiling about it.

Last night, I shot on the move in two different scenarios, I shot from behind cover, I shot through a window from behind cover, I shot on one knee over a 50 gallon drum, and then I shot from low cover, around a 50 gallon drum.

Oh I didn't hit the 'bullseye' on quite a few targets, but I did neutralize all threats and I only hit one innocent (oops, but damn...   innocent should have been able to outsmart the zombie that had him in his clutches) and I only had one procedural penalty so it was an improvement.

What I love about IDPA is that it's practicle competition geared toward possible real threat scenarios.  Well okay Zombie mania might be a stretch, but you get the idea.

I'm so looking forward to next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.