Monday, October 17, 2011

Back to the old grind

Well, it's Monday again, another day at the office.

The weekend was really nice.  I played darts Friday night, and just sat around all day Saturday watching old movies.

I did call my oldest daughter on Saturday morning as it was her 24th birthday.  She answered the phone and I sang happy birthday to her while she giggled.

When she was growing up, every year on the morning of her birthday I would go into her room and jump on her bed while singing happy birthday to her.  She would giggle every year until she hit about 13, then it was "MOM, STOP!  MOM!!!  STOP!!!!"

On her 16th birthday, I decided to give her a break and let her sleep in.  When she woke up, I told her happy birthday and she got mad at me.... she said, "YOU DIDN'T EVEN JUMP ON MY BED THIS MORNING AND SING!"

"Well I thought you didn't like that..."  I replied.....    she sheepishly looked up at me and said, "Well.....   I do."  Sometimes you can never do right.

Sunday was nice.  Hubby and I went to a gun show here in town and saw some really nice guns.  Lots of shooty stuff to look at, drool over and fondle.  I think that some day I'm going to end up buying myself a Smith and Wesson 38 Special.  I really like the way the feel in my hands so next time I go to an indoor range, I might have to rent one and see what it feels like to shoot.

We saw quite a few Mosin-Nagant M91's and they were selling for a little over $100.  Their condition wasn't all that great so we took a pass on purchasing one of them....  though I was drooling over them to be sure.

I have decided though that it is sacrelidge to place the color pink on anything that goes bang.  I saw revolvers with pink handles, semi-auto pistols that were all pink.........     YUCK!

After spending a couple of hours, though it was probably less, walking around the gun show we went back home and tinkered around the house.  Hubby worked on the beast in the driveway trying to fix the blower motor to the AC/Heating system, with no luck.  I did some housework and goofed off some more.

All in all it was a good weekend and this week promises to be great!  Tomorrow evening is my private shooting lesson and it's looking like Friday is going to be a nice afternoon once I get off of work (maybe I twist hubby's arm enough to get home from work by 5 so he can come with).  A buddy of mine bought himself a Ruger SR9c and he's just dying to get to the range with it (and me).  He sent me a text message yesterday to tell me he bought his gun.  He was in the Navy for while and I met him through darts of course.  Great guy and he and my hubby are really hiliarious when you get those two together.

So happy Monday everyone and I hope that you all have a great week out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.