Monday, October 17, 2011

Get to know your Range Marshalls and your Gunsmith...

As you all know, my SVT-40 was in the shop getting some work done on her.

I have to say that the Gunsmith, Clint with Cypress Gun Works located on the Hotwells shooting range property, is one of the nicest young men that I've ever met.  He was more than pleased when I dropped off that rifle to him because he rarely sees them around. 

When I went to pick her up, I went to shake his hand and got a hug instead......  He loves guns (obviously) and enjoys talking about all things that go bang.  He's very good at what he does and I recommend him to anyone.

After picking up my gun and testing her out, I went to the pistol range at Hotwells and the Marshall recognized me.  He's a nice guy, a bit older than me but when he realized that I was starting to collect my brass, he went around to all the slots and emptied them out, picking out the 9mm brass and gave them all to me.  What a guy!

The only thing that I dislike about Hotwells is they are very strict on their rules and the pistol range does not have a target system that you can move in and out at your leisure like an indoor range.  Oh well.  What I do like about them is that they are inexpensive, they charge per gun, not per person and it's $7.50 a gun.

Everyone that works there is very nice but they all seem to look at me kind of funny, I guess maybe because you rarely get a woman shooting at a range without a guy with her.  I don't know, maybe I'm just goofy looking........  haha!

 

1 comment:

  1. It's the rules that keep me from going there. No double taps.

    Plus I don't like shooting down at my practice targets on pistol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.