Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Cool Stuff and Shooty Goodness

Yesterday was a nice day.  We went to a party/barbeque at a friend's house where there was beer and margaritas a plenty and good conversation and a very nice day outside.  We got in about 8:30 and my wonderful hubby was pretty well into his cups but he behaved himself and was just totally cute.  After a plate of leftover bbq and a piece of pie he slept soundly last night and is feeling pretty decent today.

While at the party, the hubby found a guitar and entertained us a little by playing some nice music.  At this party, there were quite a few folks that work with the hubster and he never ceases to surprise his employees when he pulls a 'new trick' out of his bag to wow the crowd.

Well today is the day that I get to go see the King Tut exhibit.  I'm really excited about that because I have been fascinated with all things ancient ever since I was a little girl.  When I was about 10,  my uncle gave me a book on King Tut and the artifacts that were found in his tomb.  I remember flipping the pages, looking at the pictures and reading about what the artifacts were and what they were used for in Tut's time.  Today, I will get to see some of the very things that were on those pages and I can't help but to be excited.

After we're done there, we're going to the gun range.  We're going to be shooting hubby's old 22 rifle and I just so happen to have 300 rounds of 22 rifle ammo.  The ammo is old, but upon inspection, it is not corroded and so it should be okay to shoot.  Of course, we're taking the Tokorev out as well, along with my pistol.

I will be testing some ammo today for a guy who sent it to  me for free.  I informed him that I will only be able to give an opinion from a rookie's point of view, but he was cool with that.  I will be comparing the ammo to what I normally shoot at the range and will be looking for accuracy, how the ammo 'feels' when I fire it and cleanliness of the ammo itself.  Needless to say, I have stripped and cleaning my gun very well, so I should be able to put up a decent comparison at least for what a novice's opinion is worth anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.