Friday, October 14, 2011

Range Report on the fixed Tokorev

Well, her sights are fixed and she's running like a champ.  I shot a box of ammo and was quite pleased with my shooting.  She is still jamming up at the breech, however, the gunsmith says that it's the magazine, which is no surprise considering that it's the original magazine.  I am going to have to find a replacement for it but will hold on to the original one.

So here's my target from today:


I started out shooting low but once I settled in to I was much improved!  Either way, it's all really nice for me, considering that I'm still a newbie at all this.

Tonight I may have to see how at do at the dart board since I'm feeling loads better.

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are feeling better! May I ask, what range was the Tokarev shooting? Keep up the good work! gfa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only shoot at 25 yards as I'm shooting through iron sights and 50 is just a little far for my getting older eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 25 yards???? Good shootin' Tex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, 25 yards with a long gun isn't all that far away really. Though hubby says with iron sights it's a fair distance...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.