Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pork Roast and homemade peach ice cream

It's what's for dinner tonight.
We just got back from fishing the shallows at the eastest end of East Matagorda Bay.
Caught lot's of small black drum and redfish and one keeper flounder. I am well salt and sun cured and feeling a bit like jerky.
But, as usual, I digress.
There is a pre-seasoned pork roast in the frig. There was some dissension amongst the crew as to whether we would cook tonight or go to one of the several restaurants in the thriving metropolis of Sargent for dinner. My vote was to cook. I cooked the last two nights. I volunteered to cook again in order to lobby the vote in my preferred direction. Sometimes, drastic measures are required in a family full of type "A" personalities.
The real reason is that the Big Sista brought peaches from the tree in her back yard, and a high tech Cuisinart ice cream machine that has a ring that you freeze. My personal experience with homemade ice cream involves lot's of ice and rock salt. So I am told, with this high tech doomaflitch, none of that is required due to the magical frozen ring.
So, we shall see, and eat.

Happy Independence Day!
God Bless the Founding Fathers and the men that fought the Revolution, without which I would not be making this vacuous and gluttonous post.

2 comments:

  1. While I am skeptical of any ice cream maker that doesn't need ice and rock salt, I still wish you the best of luck. Just remember to put the peaches in near the end and not near the beginning to avoid ice cube peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So noted. I'm suspecting this advice comes from personal..er..fail

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.