Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Music to my ears........

Imagine my wonderful surprise when I looked at the blog this morning to find that my hubby is going to be buying a new gun as soon as he recovers from the massive amount of cash we dropped for the kids' tuition and his new car.

Personally, I want to start hitting gun shows because I am on a quest to find a cheaply priced Mosin Nagant that fires the same rounds as my Tokorev.  Mosins are a dime a dozen and so they typically cost around $100 for one in good condition.

With a smile on my face and a twinkle in my eye, the thought of my dearest buying a pistol for himself and to top it off with wanting to possibly buy an AR-15?  It just gives me a nice, warm fuzzy feeling inside.

3 comments:

  1. If you already have a Tokarev SVT-40 in 7.62 x 54 you will probably be disappointed In a Mosin Nagant. I know I picked up a Tokarev pistol, but the 7.62 x 25 cartridges were hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to wait for a 'quality' EBR, as an AR-15, than to run out and get a MN.
    Just my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have the Tokorev SVT40 and I love her. Great gun and it fires wonderfully. you're probably right that I might be disappointed in the MN but I still want one none the less.
    @ Guffaw, the EBR is defininately on the wish list, if I happen across a good deal on the MN will pick one up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.