Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ron Paul has a good showing in New Hampshire

I was a little surprised by the results of last night's Primary vote in New Hampshire.

I did not expect Ron Paul to run a fairly close to second to Romney and I really didn't expect Huntsman to do as well as he did.

I like Ron Paul, his foreign policy aside.  I think that he's enough of a contrast to Obama that it would make for an interesting race.  Unfortunately, I don't think he could win against Obama.  People would still vote for Obama over Paul because they would want to stick with the 'monster' that they know.


1 comment:

  1. Part of his good showing in N.H. may have to do with the fact that they have an "open" primary. New Hampshire has a ton of "independents", who are allowed to vote in the Republican Primary. I wouldn't necessarily take the results as an indication that New Hampshire's "Republicans" back Paul to that great an extent.

    I love Ron Paul on so many levels that it really cheezes me off that his foreign policy stance is so extreme that I can't vote for him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.