Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Ways To Have Fun and Memories

Tonight, I embark on yet another way to have a little fun.  I start a bowling league.

I typically bowl only once a year, when KX59's office holds their annual bowling tournament.  I typically bowl anywhere from the high 90's to the 135-140 range which, considering how little I bowl isn't too bad.

A few weeks back, a girlfriend of mine called me up and asked if I would bowl with her, her new sqeeze and her son in a league.  After mulling over it and checking with my better half, I said, "Sure, why not!"

The league lasts about 12 weeks and at the end of the season I will receive a free ball, bag and a pair of bowling shoes.  Not too shabby if I don't say so myself.

Tonight is week 1 and while I did play darts last night so I'm a  little sleepy, but I'm really looking forward to it.

When I was little, I practically grew up in the bowling alley while my parents bowled so I have some nice and fun memories.  I find that when I hear the ball hit the lane and roll down, crashing into the pins it brings back so many memories and as is usually the case, it makes me think of my dad.

My dad was a very good bowler.  I can remember his stance, his approach and finally his shot, right down to the 3 small hops that he made right after he released the ball.  He had a hook in his shot that would hug the edge of the lane, then hook into the center and hit the pins with authority (or as Cartman would say, authoritah).  I can remember how excited I would get when I would see those pins explode, leaving none standing for a resounding 'strike'!

So yes, I am definately looking forward to tonight and hopefully, with a little luck, and a little help from dad, I will bowl well for my team.

So now, I'm creating a new category for bowling..........   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.