Friday, January 27, 2012

Who Knew?

Who knew that bowlers were so much fun!

Last night I had a great time at the bowling alley.  The team that we bowled against were really a lot of fun.  One of them was an Army retiree one once still in the Air Force reserves.  They were great bowlers and beat us; however, it was the best time I've had in ages.

Last night my average was set at 107 which isn't all that great, but my handicap will be around 75 pins.  I know that it will only get better, especially after I get my bag, ball and shoes.  The house balls are not drilled to fit my thumb properly.  They have various sizes available so I have to use a 'best fit' scenario.  Unfortunately, I'm an in between size and so one size is a little snug, the next size up is way too big and  I can't controll the ball.  So I had to go a little snug, which causes my thumb to swell........    the horror!

I'm really looking forward to next week though, I figure that it can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.