Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Public Service Announcement

Usually I don't share emails that I receive; however, this one is just so funny I have to share.

As you all know, I have put together a couple of blog shoots, both times at Lockhart.

I was considering one near College Station in Hearne Texas but I promise you, I will NOT be organizing a shoot at this place.

My blog buddy YOF sent me this review of the place.


Belle,
The range at Arrowhead in Hearne is a dump. Seriously, it's not maintained, the benches and overheads are falling apart, it's located in a sand/gravel quarry and hasn't been mowed in a long time and no cleanup has been done on the trash, old brass and shotgun shells. The only thing missing that would have made it a true "redneck range" was if the individual running it had come out in his boxers with a beer and scratching himself.
I was more worried about the possibility of snakes and whether I'd step on "something" than I was about shooting groups.
Just FYI.
See Ya,


I don't think I have laughed so hard about something in quite some time.  I keep reading it over and over again and it makes me smile every time.


4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I have seen some really nice "Redneck Ranges" in the past. There are usually a lot nicer folks at those places than at one of fancy "City Folk" ranges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good redneck range, however I prefer to not shoot in a dump.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MDR,
    I wasn't maligning "redneck ranges" in general. This place was a serious dilapidated dump and you know me when I say something, I mean it. I have NOT (repeat NOT) seen a worse range maintenance since I was a wee lad shooting at the county dump.
    See Ya,
    YOF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to some backyard ranges like that but never one where you pay at. Did they even charge?
    Your right I would not have stayed either that's for sure and I am one of those ol'boys.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.