Thursday, February 10, 2011

Name that birdie!

Today, on my way home for lunch (yes, I'm one of those lucky folks that has about a 10 minute commute to the office), I was driving through the neighborhood and spotted the coolest bird I've ever seen!  So, I took a photo on my camera phone, which the hubby edited and I post here.

I'm not sure what it is, but we are thinking it resembles a caracara.  Does anyone else know what this bird is?  He was really a big bird and so pretty!


Now, this is what a caracara looks like........

from:  http://www.peregrinefund.org/explore_raptors/falcons/crstcara.html


See the resemblance?

It was really amazing to see one in  my neighborhood!  With a little luck, maybe he'll stick around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.