Sunday, June 3, 2012

It seems like only yesterday.........

I was holding my little baby girl in my arms for the first time.
It seems like only yesterday when she looked at me for the first time and said, "mama".
Next thing I knew she was taking her first steps, walking, talking...   terrorizing our cat, Jasper.
Then in a blink of an eye, she was off to kindergarten...  her hair, so thick and curly all dressed up in ribbons and bows.
I blinked again and she was a blossoming teen, full of attitude and angst that is so typical of teenagers these days.
Now, I've blinked again and she's grown into a beautiful young woman.  So sure of herself and so confident.  I'm so proud of her today and I know that my heart will swell with pride as she crosses that stage and is handed her diploma.
She's all grown up now and ready to conquer the world.  No matter how grown up she is, she will always be that little perfect baby that I held in my arms almost 19 years ago.
My Bootsie....   your mother is very proud of you today.   I love you.

A couple of pics....    first one is Bootsie and Scooter..  Scooter loves her Aunt, can you tell?
The second is Bootsie and yours truly riding horses in Galveston last month for a mother/daughter outing...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.