Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recoil Therapy at an IDPA Match.

It works. I feel good.
I went with Belle to the IDPA match at Shiloh tonight. I didn't expect to shoot all that well tonight, and I met my expectations. On the other hand, I didn't completely embarrass myself either.
Man that was a lot of fun. Everything was a first for me tonight. Shooting from a sitting position. Shooting from behind "cover". Drawing from a holster, moving, reloading. As for moving, imagine the lightning speed of a sloth. That would be me. I was bein' careful. After all I'd like to be able to attend again.
I used the plastic holster and mag holder that came with my XDm.  It's all I've got at the moment. Belle ordered one of them high fallutin' holsters from Dragon Leatherworks for me for Father's day. It'll get here when it gets here.
I'm a little revved up right now. It's going to take a bit to wind down. [insert big smiley face here]

4 comments:

  1. "” If you worry about shooting a match and “Oh My God! I’ll never get over it if I come in dead last,” consider you are pretty close to the one in a million people who is willing to test their skills at this. If you ever do come dead last, you still came out ahead of a few hundred thousands of people who thought they were cool but didn’t have the guts to get out there and test themselves like you just did.”
    Massad Ayoob on IDPA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected to come in dead last, and I am ok with that. I didn't pay attention to my score at all last night. I'll check it out of curiosity when it's posted up on the club website.
      Last night was about procedure and safety as far as I was concerned.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Keads. I had more fun than I expected to.

      Delete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.