Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Almost Over

I guess all the years that I worked retail in my young life has really affected my view of Christmas.  I've come to dread it in my adult life, although, I do have to say that last weekend really reminded me of how joyful it can be when you have small children.

My kids are all grown but my oldest daughter, who pretty much made a mess of her life when she was a teenager, really made me remember of much more fun times when the kids were all small.

My daughter completed her first semester at college without dropping her class and giving up.  So my husband and I surprised her with a laptop computer. We were at my mother's house at a family gathering and she opened her gift, and it was the last thing she expected to get and the look on her face reminded me of a time when Christmas was magical.

She ran to me and jumped in my lap (she's only 4 foot 11 inches and 23 years old) and hugged me so tight.  Tears were flowing all around.  It was a terrific day.  I can only hope that my other grown kids are as appreciative, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.