Monday, May 2, 2011

Finally.......

bin Laden is dead thanks to a raid by the Navy Seals.  Nice work!

I think that George W. Bush said it well when he said,

"This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001,” Bush said in a statement. “The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.”
Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/02/president-george-w-bush-congratulates-obama-bin-laden-killing/#ixzz1LBz08uqt

Of course Clinton had to chime in on the topic when he said:

"I congratulate the president, the National Security team and the members of our armed forces on bringing Usama bin Laden to justice after more than a decade of murderous Al Qaeda attacks."


So is it just me or is the fact that Clinton makes the above statement a little ironic?  I mean, isn't he the one that could have had him but refused?  Didn't all this happen BEFORE 9/11?


Just saying.........


Either way, I'm glad he's dead.





1 comment:

  1. “I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.”

    - Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.