Friday, August 17, 2012

Desktop Flags at work

Old Glory flying proudly as wallpaper on a desktop at work would make me smile to be sure.
What the folks you work with do with their desktop can be quite telling. What follows are real life observations with real employees.

Bathing suite models wearing one ounce of swimwear as wallpaper indicate the employee in question is a horndog, married right after graduating highschool, that will hit on a client's receptionist and show up to a client meeting stinking drunk. Fired.

Hello Kitty wallpaper and turning all your icons into hello kitties points to emotional development of a 13 year old. She was laid off in the first round.

Changing the default windows desktop colors to "psychedelic"  on their desktop means you are either a) bored, b) have a drug problem and are bored, or c) are obsessive / compulsive and going to night school to become a loiya. (the analog indicator on item C is if you talk on the phone at volume eleventy and prefice every soliloquy, with "but you don't understand", and say the same dam thing again, three times..until kx59 tells you to shut the fuck up.)

Should one of your employees remove all of the icons from his desktop except for "my computer". You should be very concerned.  Especially, if while on the way down the elevator, he asks another employee where he can buy a  "silencer". I found out about this two weeks after the "event".

YA THINK, that might have been information I could have used YESTERDAY?





7 comments:

  1. We found out that one of our engineers was color blind when he had a "psychedelic" color scheme. Good engineer. We just didn't let him chose GUI colors any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about my new "Curiosity Mars Scape" background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. obviously an engineer. I bet you do differential calculus for fun.

      Delete
  3. I have a picture of two short barreled RPD machine guns on my desktop.
    What do you say is wrong with me? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a damn thing. Bringing them to DAB II? :-)

      Delete
    2. The price of a single transferable RPD machinegun is well beyond what I can afford. I'm stuck with semi-auto's and stealing pictures off the internet of other people's guns that were confiscated in Iraq. =)

      Delete
  4. There were, how shall I put it, personality quirks associated with these employees. I'd need another blog titled weirdo-pedia to chronicle them.
    Hiring based on a resume' and one or two interviews is tough. I have my own massive fail on that count. (bad IT guy. Really, really bad)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.