Friday, August 17, 2012

If it weren't for computers

My life would be immeasurably simpler.  
We would still be recording music on these.


I miss those days actually.  I would listen to songs played on the radio..played over..and over...and over...and over...and over... and over
If I hadn't gotten to the point where I'd puke on the dashboard before I could change the radio station, I'd purchase the LP in my semi-annual trip to the record store. (the disco years were brutal, thank  God for Aerosmith and Lynyrd Skynyrd)
I still have most of my old LPs. Most were only played once or twice. All were recorded to high quality cassettes for rebroadcast via the tape deck in my mean little '68 bug.
I still maintain that the sound from an LP played on a good turntable blows a CD and certainly an MP3 away.  Saturating a high quality tape by closely monitoring the equalizer during recording runs a close second.
And, I could run the cassette to death and make another from the once played LP when it went teats up.

4 comments:

  1. I've discovered that I don't care about "sound quality" as much as I should. I guess I'm too much of a music-ophile and not an audiophile. And you have to admit that having 8 gb of music that lives plugged into my truck stereo is pretty darn slick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in a storage device smaller than your thumb no less.
      That is definitely a plus. I've re-bought a lot of the music I have on vinyl on MP3.
      My turntable is a bit finicky in the car.

      Delete
  2. Oh, don't get me started on this! Ran a turntable and cassettes recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heard that. Don't get Belle started either.
      Every now and then, she fires up the stareo and spins her 45's.

      Delete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.