Friday, August 10, 2012

Went looking for something and found this instead

Maybe it's just me, but when I look for something, I tend to not find it. I've found the way to find the thing I was looking for before is to look for something else. I won't find the something else, but invariably I find the thing I was looking for before.
What I was looking for was a Bonnie Raitt music video with a harmonica player that just ripped his solo up.  Borepatch's post dredged this memory from my mind.
What I found instead was a tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughn she did in Austin.  "Pride and Joy".
Stevie Ray's guitars were custom built.  The strings on his guitars were of a heavier gage than what I play on my acoustics. He could bend baling wire just shy of a C sharp with his pinky finger.
 I digress.
I've attempted to learn how to play a steel slide on a six string.  I failed.  Bonnie, like a true professional makes it look effortless.  I cannot even begin to describe the deftness of touch playing a slide on a guitar requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.