Sunday, April 14, 2013

Beer thirty is finally here

I've always said too much work is a much better problem to have than not enough, but man I am getting too old for this shit.
Brought the laptop home with a bunch of stuff to work on over the weekend. I'd planned to do some Saturday and perhaps some Sunday.
I had this pipe dream of somehow working in a short trip to the pistol range in there somewhere*. I didn't make it last weekend and I'm feeling all sullied and unusual.
Saturday I woke up brain dead and completely unmotivated.  I finally quit beating myself up mid afternoon and admitted I didn't have it in me to get anything done.  Parked my portly ass on the couch.
Sunday morning I awoke to my work "to do" list and my brain whispered, "Dude, you are so screwed :-)"  I hope, some day, my brain grows up. I'm getting a little old to be called "Dude".

So after 8 hours of drawing and crunching numbers**, lots and lots of numbers, it's finally happy hour.
Belle just asked "how you doin'? "

"Getting better by the bottle"
If only there was some weekend left.......



*Didn't happen.  God laughs while men plan. The squirrel that took up residence in the oak tree out front is getting a little annoying as well. You just keep it up barky, I'll rake up the 50 lbs. of acorns in the front yard one of these days.
**Excel is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.