Saturday, June 14, 2014

Lunch with an Ogre and the discovery of a new disorder......

Yes it's been a while since I've peeked into the blogosphere and put words to well, not paper, but screen.  Fact is, I really haven't had much to write about these past... months?  year?  years?  Hell I've lost track.

The wonderful KX has been keeping the blog going while I took a break from blogging for a while, off doing other things, but enjoying myself just the same.  I figured it was time to start working my way back here and there since now it has become two against one, I got something of a lecture from The Big Guy today as well as the hubby......

Today, KX and I met The Big Guy at Goodson's Cafe' in Tomball, Texas and enjoyed Chicken Fried Steak, 2 sides and of course dessert.  Goodson's is famous for their CFS and has been featured on The Travel Channel as Texas' Best Chicken Fried Steak.  I tend to agree, but then I may be a little biased.

The conversation with The Big Guy is never dull.  Always full of funny stories complete with sound effects, animated gestures and we must not forget the very creative cussing.

After about the (well I really lost count) 6th? 7th? creative cuss word he looked at me and said, as only a gentle giant can, "Oh I'm so sorry sweetheart, pardon my language."

Of course I assured him that a woman that is used to hanging out at gun ranges and hanging in bars playing poker and darts, that I'm not unfamiliar with cussing....   on occasion, I've been known to be as creative as the wildest of sailors.

He smiled at me and went on to blame it on a case of Chicken Fried Tourette Syndrom, caused by the massive Chicken Fried Steak on his plate, one that was big enough to feed a small village in Africa and certainly most worthy to satisfy even the hungriest of Ogres.

So after finishing off the meal, dessert was in order and TBG opted for Banana Pudding and I, of course, ended up with the one thing that I cannot resist.....     Chocolate Pie.....   I was in heaven.


Oh yes...  Goodson's Chocolate Pie...    it's the best of the best...  to truly understand my love of Chocolate Pie I send you here for your reading enjoyment .

It was a lovely day and when I got home, a nice little nap was in order.

Until next time.....    Belle.

1 comment:

  1. Must be something in the air! (this meeting with others blogger thing)
    I had b'fast with Murphy's Law yesterday!
    No chocolate pie, though. (sniff)
    AND, I found out I can comment using Opera on your blog!
    FF, not so much.

    gfa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.