Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In the Presence of Giants

We had close friends down at the creek this past weekend. Husband and Wife, and her Dad.
He's 75, about the same age as my Dad. Enlisted in the Air Force at 18 or so. Got out and in short order enlisted in the Army. He is, physically a giant of a man as well.  Career Military man.
Stationed in the U.S., Korea, Vietnam Vet, Germany, you name it.
I found myself drawn to him, eager to engage him in conversation, of which there was much.
I'm still mentally processing the conversations.
Thank You Joe, for your service.
I think he had a good time down on the crik.
Ever been hugged by a Giant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.