Sunday, August 26, 2012

Range Date Sunday

Being that we played the dart tournament Friday night, Range Date Saturday was delayed.
Belle let me run a few rounds through her 9mm M&P shield today. That will take some getting used to. Skinny little pistol it is.  My pinky finger was hanging off the bottom of the grip.  Very snappy in the recoil category. I was not displeased with my groupings, but then I was shooting at  very close range.

It's been a few weeks since I've made it to the range, or IDPA for that matter.  grumbleworkgrumblegrumble 
For some reason, while running the first few mags through my XDm, I decided I needed a death grip on the gun. This resulted in pushing the trigger left and anticipating the recoil, which made for a nice 6 inch group low and left of target.

Once I relaxed my grip, my groups arrived on target.  A hundred rounds goes by quick when you are having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought, but you might try 147 grain bullets in the Shield. That might help with the recoil. The normal FMJ rounds out there are usually 115 or 125 grains, and the extra bullet weight might help.
    I used to take 115 grain 9mm bullets and load my Kel Tec p3at ammo with them. It cut down on recoil considerably over the original 90 grain bullets.
    If I think about it, I will load up some for DAB II and see what difference it makes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.