Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Confirmed!

Okay, so I just got back from the gunsmith and he has confirmed that my rifle is definitely a Tokorev SVT-40.  The interesting thing about it is that it's all original, including the magazine, in very good condition and there aren't even any import stamps or markings on the gun that he can find, so I have a call in to my Uncle who purchased the gun long ago about where he bought it, etc.

I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it!

On a side note, I was looking at pistols while I was at the gun shop and the 1911s are really nice but one that felt really good to hold was the Glock 19.  In  a couple of weeks and going to the range and will rent several guns to see what I like.

Will keep you all posted on the rifle AND what I end up deciding on.

2 comments:

  1. No Import Stamps = Imported prior to 1968. East Bloc stuff was pretty scarce between WWII and the big Warsaw Pact Chapter 11 sales in the 1990s. Perhaps a GI bring-back from Korea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tam, thanks for the info and thanks for reading. According to my Uncle, who bought the thing in the first place, he bought it from the Deep River Armory in Houston when he worked for Geo Space, which tells me that he he bought it before I was born, which I was born in 1968.

    Good call. I love your blog by the way, I'm pretty much a daily reader.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.