Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In the back of my mind, I've always known I was just treading water

2 to 3% inflation per year doesn't sound all that bad does it. Unfortunately it compounds just like savings interest.  It's always been tough to stay afloat much less get ahead.  From time to time I think about this.  The other day I got curious as to whether my intuition was correct and found this little calculator.
So just for the sake of discussion, let's say my gross income the year my daughter was born - 1989, was $70,000.  To have the same buying power in 2010 I'd have to make $121,492.
This gives me an idea for a new X-Game, Up Hill Snow Boarding.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.