Sunday, July 22, 2012

Oh.....yeah,.... the KISS concert

Belle just randomly reminded me in a couple of weeks, we're going to go to the KISS concert, with a big smile on her face!
WooHoo?
Don't get me wrong, I was a big fan at the age of 16.
I went to their first ever concert in Houston at the Summit that year. (that's part 1 of my hearing loss, but another story)
The speaker stacks were two stories high. I am not making this up.
Belle dragged me to a KISS concert a few years ago.  The changes in technology are amazing. KISS managed to put out the same volume with one row of speakers on each side of the stage.
I'd gone prepared. The orange squishy ear plugs were implanted. I noted I was not the only old dude there with them.
At one point in the show, one of the plugs started to come loose. I went to replant it, and in my fumbling attempts accidentally  removed it from my right ear.
The right side of my brain began to liquefy, and I think I saw God.
I may have to double up on "ears" this time.

3 comments:

  1. I took my stepson to a concert the other day, featuring, among others, MotorHead and Slayer.

    My stepson saw some guys in front of us who had ear plugs in, and he (and a couple young guys next to him) was pointing and laughing at "the old guys" until I procured my own plugs from my pocket and put them in my ears.
    He got a bit quiet after that.
    Even with that, my ears still hurt for days afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn’t say no to a Kiss concert either! They’re still an amazing band. And with the kind of entertainment they provide for their fans, wearing ear plugs is a must. There are stylish, invisible concert ear plugs available in the market. You can wear them all throughout the concert providing clear, better live music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kiss ! they puts on an amazing show!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.