Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thin Cut! Serves More?

Man pork and beef prices have gotten high.  As prices have risen, our local grocery has incrementally cut the meat thinner and thinner in an effort to hold the price tag steady on a given package.
They've added this little sticker, " Thin Cut. Serves More!"
yeah.  No it doesn't.
I just put four pork chops, in a roasting pan, that I can almost see through.

Not sure what Belle is doing for dinner, but I'm having pork.

Stay tuned: I'll have a post up shortly on field dressing bruises and cuts.

2 comments:

  1. NOTHING irks me more than that "Thin Cut Serves More!" sticker on meat at Safeway.

    Reminds me of the Firefly line:

    Mal: It's pure, Patience. Genuine grade A foodstuffs. Protein. Vitamins. Immunization supplements. One of those will feed a family for a month. Longer, if they don't like their kids too well.


    Feed your kids meat - thinner cuts if you don't like 'em well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.