Saturday, April 16, 2011

I love staying in hotels..... not

We are in a hotel on the Riverwalk in beautiful San Antonio.

Between my better half flopping around in the uncomfortable bed (we have a tempurpedic at home so the bed is less comfortable than we're used to, plus you can feel every movement your other half makes) and the drunks down the hall coming in using their outside voices at 2:30 this morning, I am one sleepy woman this morning.

It's nice being awake early though because my beautiful granddaughter is sleeping on a roll-away bed close by, no doubt dreaming of peeling cows.  (haha)

If you don't know what I mean by peeling cows go here and read it about it.

Yesterday was a nice drive in, I love the drive between Houston and San Antonio, it's really pretty.  Check in at the hotel was a bit crazy.  My uncle and mom are also on this trip and so a lot going on at the check in kiosk.  Unfortunately, I did a HUGE boo-boo.  I left our the hubby's rather expensive camera sitting at the kiosk in all the confusion.  He was is totally pissed off at me and I feel bad about it.  Naturally no one turned it in, so someone at this fancy hotel has a nice camera.

We went to the Alamo yesterday, been there a gazillion times, but hey, you can't go to San Antonio without going to the Alamo.

Today is Sea World where Scooter and I will have a dolphin encounter.  We'll get to pet a dolphin and have it do a couple of tricks.  Scooter will get a kick out of it.  I will post photos when we get back to Houston.  She is going to be one happy little granddaughter today.

Well, time to wake up the sleepy heads.


1 comment:

  1. I love the sign at the Alamo: Gentlemen, please remove your hats.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.