Friday, April 29, 2011

A small American Flag


Perspective finally arrived in my chinese finger trap brain.
I've had a particularly bad three weeks. Details would be pointless in comparison. It took until now for it to sink in. Wrapped up in my own crap, I haven't even remembered to mention it to Belle, who is out of town at the moment.

Last night when I got home, my neighbor across the street asked somewhat timidly if she could put a small American Flag in my front yard. I immediately responded, "yes, of course". Then I asked why. A neighbor down the street is the sister of one of the airmen killed by the Afghan pilot in Kabul. My neighbor told me that she was at the airport to meet the casket as we spoke.

As bad as the past three weeks have been for me, they are mere inconvenience in comparison. It is so easy to lose perspective.

Every yard on the block has a flag. Our prayers are with you.










1 comment:

  1. My Prayers as well. Godspeed to the airman. Please tell them that I thank the airman for his service. God bless the Family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.