Thursday, June 16, 2011

Calling Texas Bloggers.......

With Borepatch in the neighborhood, we are wanting to try for a blog shoot.

We've picked a date, Saturday June 25th at 9:00 am.

The location is in Lockhart, TX.  The website for the range is http://www.ctxpta.com/index.html driving directions are on the website along with range fees, etc.

I realize that for those of us in the Houston area, Lockhart is a bit of a haul; however, I hear that the BBQ in that town is excellent (must have food after a good trip to the range), also, considering that Borepatch is a guest in our wonderful state, it makes more sense to show him that good old Texas hospitality and not make him drive too terribly far.

12 comments:

  1. The BBQ in Lockhart is beyond excellent. I wont be able to make it (not in TX until the week of the 4th), but I simply don't have enough good words to describe the BBQ there. I've so far preferred Smitty's....but don't wait too long in the afternoon...the BBQ might be all sold out.

    Once more, here's Tyler Cowen, master food critic on Lockhart: http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2005/11/lockhart_texas.html
    I can't disagree with the man. Here's me: http://aretae.blogspot.com/2011/04/austin-bbq.html

    I wish you luck in your blogshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Rats. I have already committed to dinner that night with friends here in DFW.

    Sounds like it would be worth a 4 hour drive down there to see everyone but...

    Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be bored out of my mind sitting in a CHL renewal class that day. If it were anything other than that, I'd make the trip down. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I'll be there. Will re-post at my blog if that's OK.
    YeOldFurt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black's BBQ is awesome. If the shoot was only one week later...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I won't be ale to make it. I would love to meet others from our area. But I will be chasing 3 kids around that day with a side of birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I may just chime in for this one. I'd love to meet some more TX gunbloggers!



    tweaker

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to make it, but I will be working all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be there, what the heck.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.