Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memory Associations

I was meandering around over at Brigid's place and she had a music post from Mark Knopfler that I really liked. While I posted a comment about having the opportunity to see Dire Straits live many years ago, it reminded me that I caught a television broadcast of Dire Straits wherein Chet Atkins made a guest appearance. I seem to recall that Mark was a great admirer of Chet. So with the awesome power of the interwebs I went on the hunt.

There's more. I'll be back in a while.

Postscipt: After watching the video a few times it is a little creepy in a Deliverance sort of way. At the same time, it reminds me so much of Beckville, Tx around 1965 or so. Part of my roots.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love Mark Knopfler's duet with Emmy Lou Harris on "Why Worry"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about that song - went and found Emmy Lou and Mark on youtube. that was good

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.