Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

A father's perspective:
Belle asked me a few days ago what I wanted for Father's Day. Today she asked me again. I couldn't think of anything in particular in a material way that I wanted. I tend to be the same way on my birthday. Truth be known what I'd really like for my birthday is to have no more birthdays as age and gravity are having a terrible affect on my strong, muscular, and chiseled jaw self image. But, I digress.
All four of my children have made the obligatory call now. The youngest, Bootsie just turned 18. Two of my own by blood and two stepdaughters, that by God's grace, claim me as "Dad".
This is not to say that I did not appreciate the calls, but what I really, really want for Father's day is what I want every day.
I want for each of my children to be safe.
I want each of you to do your best in school.
It's what I expect of you.
I hope that your trials and tribulations will be few.
I want for you to learn from your bad choices and mistakes.
I am willing to let you live through the results of those bad choices.
I want you to be successful and self reliant.
I want you to prosper.
If those wishes of mine fall in to place, the rest will sort itself out.

That's all I really want for Father's Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.